-->

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Once Upon A Mexico



Over Christmas Break, I was blessed with the opportunity to go to Mexico with a group called Builders Without Borders to build homes for members of the church in Tecate. I went along with my father, younger brother, and younger sister. I went to Mexico a couple years ago to do the exact same thing, so I was extremely excited to go back!!!
There is a family in Mexico that I became very close with the last time I went to Mexico (I helped build their home), and the family actually came to help us build homes this time!!! I was so, so, so happy :) The person that I am closest with in the family is named Francisco. Francisco and I ... we are so close :) While building homes, I would help Francisco with his English (which is coming along super great!) and he would help me with my Spanish in return (which still has a looooooong ways to go!)
Our group was able to build 3 homes, repair a few roofs, visit a couple orphanages, help at a food shelter, and do other types of service for the people in Tecate as well as Tijuana. I love the people there. They are always so kind, and I could feel the spirit so strong with every member of the Church that I came in contact with. I pray that I will be able to continue going back to Mexico to do this type of service for as long as possible! Worth every penny for the travel and building expenses. Life changing experience.
So here are only a few of the pictures that I took when in Mexico. Out of the 333 pictures I took, these may not be the best ones, but they protray enough of the trip to satisfy me :) Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment