-->

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dandelion in the Grass



I recently started another year in my life, having successfully survived 20 of them. While I have another blog (The Little Blessings of Life), I felt that it was about time to try and become better at blogging by taking what I have learned through my other blog and applying it to this one. Perhaps I will run both blogs at the same time... we'll see :)
I have many passions. My top ones are dancing, singing, and traveling. I love my family and friends, and I find joy in sunflowers, birds, rain, and photography. No, I am no photographer, but I like to pretend I am! One day I hope to own an SLR Cannon Rebel. That'll be the day!
Now about the title of this post: Dandelion in the Grass. My best friend introduced me to a book over the summer: The Hunger Games. This book was followed by Catching Fire and Mocking Jay. In the story, the main character suffers through many horrific trials (I would try to go into detail about this, but I would probably end up writing a summery about the whole series!) After surviving one of these trials with the help of a boy that was practically a stranger, she found there was still hope in life, and that things would eventually get better. On the day of recognizing this, she came across a dandelion outside her school. While this dandelion may have merely been a sign of the end of winter, it came to symbolize the hope that she had found.
I am hoping that when I have those days when life seems to be crumbling apart, I will be able to use this blog as one of my resources to dive into my untainted passions-- that it will be a dandelion in the grass. Whether it is a bad day or a wonderful day, I hope this blog will bring joy to myself as well as others!
Enjoy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment