-->

Monday, September 27, 2010

Swearing is NOT cool

(This is a little clip from the concert)

New Politics, Neon Trees, and 30 Seconds to Mars. They are all pretty talented :) On Saturday night, I went to a concert that featured all three of these groups. The main band was 30 Seconds to Mars. The lighting was awesome, the energy was intense, and the performance was phenomenal. I'm actually not all that into rock-- it's not my favorite genere of music. However, I was pleased, this being my first legit big concert.

While the overall concert was great, I was disappointed with one thing. Swearing. The cuss words. The bands didn't use many swear words in their songs, but in between numbers, they would throw out a bucket of foul language. It irked me! (Sam, I used the word 'irked' for you ;)

What makes them think that swearing is cool? I know that there are many people that could rant about this just like I am; I just wanted to take a moment and rant about it myself.

#1. Swearing bothers me because it is clearly a commandment not to swear. Plain and simple. As we strive to become more like Christ, we learn that patience truely is a virtue, and that obedience is basically the most important lesson we can learn here on earth. By swearing and using foul language, we are sending the Spirit of the Lord away from ourselves and allowing the influence of the adversary to join us.

#2. It's just not cool. I get the feeling that some people think swearing is cool because it makes them sound hardcore. It doesn't. There are so many other vocabulary words that can be used instead of foul ones. By choosing to use those other appropriate words, you are showing more intelligence, and control of your own emotions. You sound smarter :)

Anways, aside from all of that, the performance was cool. LOUD, but definately a cool experience.

Peace, and much love

No comments:

Post a Comment